8-Glitch 8-Glitch

Very interesting

I quite like the use of the sound effects, it gives it a quirky atmosphere, and it's always great to experiment. Good work.

'Xderial - Dangerous Boss 'Xderial - Dangerous Boss

Okay...

It could be a bit more varied, it's just the same theme repeated over and over with a few simply drum beats. Still, nice enough, though.

NavidDK responds:

thanks man... i know its mostly just the same...

i appreciate this kind of reviews... thanks!

housier than you housier than you

Strange

Very intriguing use of dissonance, there, quite well done in that respect.

It's a bit one-sided though, not much variety. Perhaps add a more pronounced bassline and some piano?

This needs a proper bridge, though. That bassline you've got won't cut it for the entire song, and the ending is, to say the least, quirky (but interesting, you've got that there.)

Really, it's a good start, but it needs more depth.. And less of the slightly detuned basslines.

Well done!

Rime of the Ancient Mariner-3 Rime of the Ancient Mariner-3

Masterpiece!

Extremely well done, bravo!

I can't pick out anything to negatively criticise really; even that quirky sound effect with the bells fits right in.

Gee arr ee ay tee...

Work.

killkhan responds:

Ha thank you very much!

A Dream Theme A Dream Theme

Good, but slow to start

The intro was very slow, although it was still enjoyable to an extent.

Once the song got going, it was great, melody-wise, but that timpani is painfully loud. Perhaps a bit more balance-work would be required. The slow down at the end is great, and quite effective.

Some more instrument variety and a bridge may have helped this piece along, but it's still solid.

Well done.

Novus Vitae Novus Vitae

Bloody brilliant.

Driving, beautiful, and perfectly balanced.

I can see why this took months to master; it's amazing, that's why.

That percussion build closer to the middle is great, especially with the backing; I can't quite hear what synth instrument it is, but it sounds great.

We're doing lots of bridge-building here, and 3:00 to 3:40 is fucking brilliant.

Very dreamy sounding, and the ending is just as enjoyable as the rest of the song.

You sir, deserve 10/10.

nal1200 responds:

Thanks for the review!

I'm glad you liked the progression! That was one of my main focuses!

Cheers!

Reverse Discovery Reverse Discovery

Good start

Very well done for your first FL Studio track. Progressively, it's a very interesting piece, and I enjoyed the pitch changes in the notes near the end.

Some instrument variety and a less repetitive melody could make this better, though, and perhaps adding some non-synth instruments would make it sound even more intriguing.

HarraH responds:

Wow thanks! This is the type of criticism I need. I'll try to expand my riffs next time, as well as my instrument range.

_-=[Contact]=-_ _-=[Contact]=-_

... Intriguing.

The intro was nice, albeit a bit strange. The "floating bridge" near the middle is amazing, great work; that gave you a huge boost on the reviewing score.

Unfortunately, the repetition of the instruments past the intro (apart from the part mentioned) and that annoying E-piano stuff in between what sounded like an arp synth ruined some of it.

Nonetheless, this piece is worth 7/10 just for that bridge.

Leetspeek Leetspeek

Intriguing, and funny, but...

The chanting at the start was great, and the voices were quite funny. I love the bridge, it's really quirky, and that's the part that makes me like this song.

You know certainly know how to work the percussion; that was one of the best I've heard of a dance track, in that context.

However, it is repetitive, and quite dragged out in parts; the bridge was really the only other enjoyable thing that I could relate to.

Shazbat responds:

Actually you've hit the nail on the head!! Most RPG games have extreme amounts of repetitiveness in them (hence the "For all MMORPG gamers out there!!" comment)...Players of these games know what I mean, and it was the only way I could convey this to non-RPG players. I also left the track in this format so it can be cut and mixed more easily :)...similar to a few other pieces in the past....or sections of it for use in flash movies :)

Dismal Future Dismal Future

Interesting.

Interesting use of percussion, I like the use of choir in the background, and the whining violins sound good. The piano could have been a bit more pronounced nearing the 2:15 part (which was quite enjoyable.)

The only thing is, the hits become quite grating after a while, and the the claps are just slightly TOO pronounced. Perhaps a bit more balance, and more of a varied theme would come in handy?

Anyway, still good. *thumbs up*